The collaboration works towards five goals while fostering a health equity perspective:
1) Identify and invest in promising approaches that reduce costs and improve care.
2) Increase detection of Alzheimer’s disease and improve ongoing care and support.
3) Sustain caregivers by offering them information, resources and in-person support.
4) Equip communities to be “dementia capable” to support residents who are touched by Alzheimer’s disease.
5) Raise awareness and reduce stigma by engaging communities.
For more information about this issue and to see the results of the work supported by the Collective Action Lab, visit: www.actonalz.org